We contribute to Croatia’s economic development by providing equity financing to new, potentially transformative businesses and social initiatives. Proficio also assists established companies to restructure and experiment with new ideas. As long-term investors, we look to benefit not just from each individual investment but also from helping to create a more robust overall economy, where motivated business and community leaders can realize their potential without emigrating. We are proud of our track record of supporting some of the better-known and more successful Croatian start-ups and non-profit initiatives. We are also content with our failures – because there are rarely more helpful learning experiences.
- Proficio was the first and largest investor in some of Croatia’s most successful start-ups
- All our venture investments and property acquisitions have been realized without debt
- We provide risk capital to young businesses and social entrepreneurs with innovative ideas
- We actively work with and support the management of our investee companies
- We have organized U.S. Government grants and political risk insurance for several of our investee companies
- We also invest in U.S. and Israeli based venture projects to diversify and benefit from cross-fertilization
We work to improve the companies we own through hands-on management and targeted investment.